ISFD has named its finalists for the 2021 Pinnacle Awards. This year's finalists, all professional product and furniture designers along with a few design students, have envisioned and created the designs that ultimately become some of the most sought-after home furnishings items around the world. Their works are produced and marketed by companies large and small, but with a common denominator — to proudly illustrate that artistry, craft and innovation that is important and saleable in the consumer marketplace. In some cases, winning a Pinnacle Award has helped launch design careers and elevated manufacturers to new levels of recognition.
Pinnacle Award Finalists
- Cast Women Sculptures: By Phillips Collection Design Team, ISFD for Phillips Collection
- Samal Screen: By Aimee Kurzner, ISFD for Currey & Company
- Dovetail Bedroom Collection: By Dudley Moore, ISFD; Will Moore, ISFD for Vaughan-Bassett
- Lux Bedroom 2 (Pinstripe, Triple Wrap, Excess Knot, All Wrapped Up, Wrap It Up, Side to Side): By Christopher Sandomenico for Caracole
- Lux Bedroom (Clear The Air, Clarity, A Clear Touch, Footnote, Clear To Me, Mirror Effect): By Michelle De La Rosa for Caracole
- Sullivan King Bed: By Paul Delaisse for Verellen. Inc.
- Walnut Grove Upholstered Bed: By Marissa Brown for Stickley
- Modern Collection Bedroom: By Dudley Moore, ISFD; Lenny Chapman, ISFD for Universal Furniture
- Constantin Dining Table with Anzu Side Chairs: By Bernhardt Casegoods Design Team for Bernhardt
- Silhouette: By Otto & Moore Design Team, ISFD and the Bernhardt Design Team for Bernhardt
- Portfolio120 Yarrow Dining Table: By Marissa Brown for Stickley
- Modern Farmhouse: By Dudley Moore, ISFD; Laura Niece, ISFD for Universal Furniture
- Ambiance: By Michael W. Robinson, ISFD for J. Troyer & Company
- Quieten: By Bruce M. Schuettinger PA-AIC ISFD for Mosart Inc.
- Walnut Grove Entertainment Console, Bookcase, Gathering Island and Counter Stool: By Marissa Brown for Stickley
- Martine Bar Cabinet: By Marissa Brown for Stickley
- Eisen, color Oyster: By Wesley Mancini, Edward Rihacek and Linda Alley for Valdese Weavers, Circa 1801
- Baumann, color: Twine: By Wesley Mancini, Edward Rihacek and Linda Alley for Valdese Weavers, Circa 1801
- Stardust with Champagne Gold: By Aviva Shafor for Aviva Stanoff Design, Inc
- On the Grid: By Kim Grimsley for Milliken & Company
- Alesio Workspace Collection: By Bernhardt Casegoods Design Team for Bernhardt
- Beauty Bar, Double Booked, Natural Choice Armchair: By Christopher Sandimenco and Roger Turnbow, ISFD for Caracole
- Martine Vanity Desk: By Marissa Brown for Stickley
- Aster Writing Desk: By Aimee Kurzner, ISFD for Currey & Company
- Cologne: By Alek Eglinton for Flexsteel
- Golden Lighting's Waylon 5-Light: By Teddy Feracho for Golden Lighting
- Luminous Onyx Floor Lamp: By Phillips Collection Design Team for Phillips Collection
- Theater Pendant: By Mike Scribner for Mike Scribner Designs
- Duke Ellington Credenza: By Joy Williams, for Genus
- Porta De Soul: By Bruce M. Schuettinger PA-AIC ISFD for Mosart, Inc
- Bohls Collapsable Table: By Joseph Holmes for Joseph Holmes
- Lil' Betsy: By Scott Stevens for Radical Roots Studio
Student Pinnacle Award
- Interstice Desk: By Jared McClelland, ISFD for Appalachian State University
- Delaney Lounge: By Landon Bell Lane III, ISFD for Appalachian State University
- Tōrii Console: BY Diep Le, ISFD for Savannah College of Art and Design
- Canopy Lounge: By Adam Maloney, ISFD, for Savannah College of Art and Design
- Lamella: By Samantha Fonseca for Appalachian State University
Green Leaf Award
- Porta De Soul: By Bruce M. Schuettinger PA-AIC ISFD for Mosart, Inc.
- Arc Console: By Phillips Collection Design Team, ISFD and Nikom Potaton for Phillips Collection
- Origins Cocktail Table: By Chase Kerlin, ISFD for Olive & Wool Furniture
- Pantheon 4 Door Credenza: By Chase Kerlin, ISFD for Olive & Wool Furniture
- Bohls Collapsable Table: By Joseph Holmes, ISFD for Joseph Holmes
- Alvarez Entertainment Credenza: By Bernhardt Casegoods Design Team for Bernhardt
- Sea Cliff Etagere: By Justin Abee, ISFD for Selamat Designs
- Lunula Entertainment Credenza: By Bernhardt Casegoods Design Team, for Bernhardt
- Top Shelf Bar: By Caracole Design Team for Caracole
- Cloud 9 Lift Coffee Table: By Matthew Weatherly for BDI
Occasional Tables - Luxury
- Whitley Table Collection: By Scott Coley, ISFD and Steve Joiner for Bernhardt
- Tegan Cocktail Table: By Bernhardt Casegoods Design Team for Bernhardt
- Olive Nesting Tables: By Paul Delaisse for Verellen, Inc.
- Galen Cocktail Table: By Dudley Moore, ISFD; Laura Niece, ISFD; Lenny Chapman, ISFD for Universal Furniture
- Casual Modular System: By Carlo Basso, ISFD for CB Design
- Madura Sofa: By Bernhardt Exteriors Design Team for Bernhardt
- Coquille Tables: By Bernhardt Exteriors Design Team for Bernhardt
- Coastal Living Outdoor: By Dudley Moore, ISFD; Laura Niece, ISFD; Lenny Chapman, ISFD for Universal Furniture
Stationary Upholstery – Luxury
- Oakley: By Paul Delaisse for Verellen, Inc.
- Sea Cliff Slipper Chair: By Justin Abee, ISFD for Selamat Designs
- Rowan Sectional Sofa: By Paul Delaisse for Verellen, Inc.
- Pablo Swivel Chair: By Bernhardt Upholstery Design Team for Bernhardt
- Surfrider Collection, by Otto & Moore Design Team, ISFD for Hooker Furniture
- Silhouette, by Otto & Moore Design Team, ISFD and Bernhardt Design Team, for Bernhardt
- Coastal Living Getaway, by Dudley Moore, ISFD; Laura Niece, ISFD; Lenny Chapman, ISFD for Universal Furniture
- La Moda and Di Vita Living Room, Dining Room, Bedroom By Michele Mantovani for Caracole Modern by Caracole
- Cascade Collection By Archetype Design Studio for Hooker Furniture
High Point Market Awards Ceremony
Join in the International Society of Furniture Designers (ISFD) special celebration the of Pinnacle Awards’ 25th anniversary to learn which of the finalists will be recognized with this year’s highest design honors in the industry. The celebration with globally acclaimed interior designer, HGTV television host and author, Breegan Jane as be the keynote speaker, will be held on Monday, October 18th at the COHAB.Space, 1547 W. English Rd in High Point from 6-9 pm. For ticket information visit isfd.org.
“It is amazing how much over the past 25 years the Pinnacle Awards, or the Design Achievements Awards as they were known back then, have evolved,” says John Conrad, executive director. “Each year the designers have become more innovative with their designs raising the bar on the competition and making the judges jobs more challenging to select just one winner in each category. The number of Pinnacle Awards entries has also grown to record numbers in recent years along with over 15,300 gala views on YouTube in 2020 as our event was watched on a global scale.”
The judging panel represents an influential mix of high-profile industry leaders and innovators including: Christi Barbour, Founder & Partner, Barbour Spangle Design; Diane Falvey, Editor in Chief, Furniture Lighting & Décor; John Gill, Haverty’s, EVP Merchandising; Susan Inglis, Executive Director, Sustainable Furnishings Council; Gary Inman, Principal Designer Owner and President, Gary Inman Interior Design; Char Miller King, Woodshop teacher and content creator; Kaitlin Petersen, Editor in Chief, Business of Home; Jay Reardon, Principal, Reardon Advisors; Dorian Stacy Sims, President, Stacy Furniture; Katherine Shoaf, Director of Merchandising and Sales, Radiate Textile; Julie Talbert, Merchandiser Stylist, P/Kaufmann; Marcia Weiss, Director, Fashion & Textiles Futures Center, Director, Textile Design programs and the Harold Neuman Textile Design Chair at Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University).