The 2019 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS), the destination for kitchen and bath design professionals, today announced the debut of Lightovation Lounge, a new area located in the tented Salon by KBIS, when the show heads to the Las Vegas Convention Center, Feb. 19 – 21, 2019.
Lightovation Lounge features two days of lighting-focused programming by nationally-recognized lighting designer Randall Whitehead, IALD, aka “The Lighting Doctor,” and Joe Rey-Barreau, AIA, longtime Director of Education for the American Lighting Assn. (ALA), and professor at the University of Kentucky, aka “The Lighting Professor.” In addition to leading 20-minute educational sessions on a range of timely lighting topics, the “Doctor” and the “Professor” also will host office hours to meet individually with attendees to answer their lighting questions one-on-one.
“We are excited to bring our Lightovation Lounge to the new Salon by KBIS section. The right lighting is so critical to every project,” says Laura Van Zeyl, Vice President of lighting technology development & marketing, Dallas Market Center. “We hope our experts can help KBIS attendees understand their options to ensure the best results.”
Lightovation Lounge also brings Dallas Market Center’s Lightovation event to KBIS via a virtual reality experience that transports attendees to the largest residential lighting show in North America. The Lounge is presented in partnership by Dallas Market Center, the ALA and Furniture, Lighting & Decor magazine. Educational programming is sponsored by Hinkley Lighting.
Hinkley is one of a number of new lighting exhibitors showing in the area surrounding the Lightovation Lounge, including Lamps Plus. “We are thrilled to be a part of KBIS 2019. Exhibiting alongside the Lightovation Lounge will provide a cohesive and exciting decorative lighting experience for our guests,” says Quinn Sack, Visual Merchandising Manager, Hinkley Lighting.
The Lightovation Lounge programming schedule is:
Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2019 – featured speaker Randall Whitehead, IALD, “The Lighting Doctor”
- 9:30 a.m. - Latest LED Light Sources Solid-state show and tell explaining different LED light bulbs and their applications.
- 10-11 a.m. - Office Hours: Meet with Randall one-on-one.
- 11 a.m. - Lighting in Layers: Kitchens. Learn how the four lighting layers apply to kitchen lighting.
- 1 p.m. - Lighting in Layers: Bathrooms. Learn how the four lighting layers apply to bathroom lighting.
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. - Office Hours
- 3 p.m. - Kitchen Lighting Checklist: Top considerations in illumination when designing kitchens.
- 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. - Office Hours
Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2019 – featured speaker Joe Rey-Barreau, AIA,“The Lighting Professor”
- 9:30 a.m. - Specialty and Accent LED Lighting Applications in Kitchens and Baths: Maximize the potential of this technology to enhance your projects.
- 10-11 a.m. - Office Hours: Meet with Joe one-on-one.
- 11 a.m. - LEDs, Dimming and Lighting Controls in Kitchens and Baths: Understand dimming options and compatibility for LED lighting.
- 1 p.m. - Design Guidelines Using Recessed Lighting: Optimize the most popular category of lighting to its best advantage.
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. - Office Hours
- 3 p.m. - Integrated LED vs. Retrofit LED Lighting in Kitchens and Baths: Incorporating LED can be as simple as changing a light bulb or an entirely new approach to fixtures.
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. - Office Hours
“The KBIS 2019 experience is enhanced considerably by collaborating with the Dallas Market Center to bring the Lightovation Lounge and the ALA’s expertise to our attendees,” adds Brian Pagel, Senior Vice President, Emerald Expositions.