LightFair 2021 will present five days of comprehensive, in-person and virtual education for the lighting and design industries through its LightFair Conference, taking place October 25-29 at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York.
“We are pleased to be returning to an in-person LightFair Conference, where attendees can gather face to face, to exchange ideas about the future of lighting, while simultaneously offering robust virtual offerings,” said Show Director Dan Darby. “LightFair has been setting the standard in lighting education for more than 30 years. This year's LightFair Conference offers a broad range of informative course options for all levels and is an annual highlight for architectural and commercial lighting professionals.”
The 2021 conference will be a hybrid experience with the option to attend in-person or virtually. In-person sessions will feature limited seating to accommodate social distancing and room capacity stipulations at the Javits Center, and guidelines recommended by the CDC, New York State and LightFair's Safer Floor. Safer Show program. Virtual sessions will be a concurrent broadcast of the in-persons sessions.
This year's LightFair Conference features six niche learning tracks:
- The Application + Evidence-Based Design track focuses on methodologies and design trends used to enable project success in lighting. Presentations reference concepts and/or cases that illustrate the details and techniques used to achieve design goals from project concept to completion and encompass end-user data, whether it be energy, control, or light specific requirements that help realize the experience of the built environment, as well as concept validation.
- The Design Tools + Techniques track covers the means and methods designers use to bring ideas to fruition. Presentations include challenges and benefits of process exploration, software implementation, and unexpected resources.
- The Experiencing Light track explores the influence of light on the human experience and nature. How does light impact psychological, cultural and biological aspects of the ecosystem?
- The Art + Inspiration track explores sources of inspiration that inform design and technology development.
- The Technology track explores the design and specification of components and software that advance technology in the lighting industry, including the implementation and inter operation of lighting, building and connected systems.
- The Professional Development + Practice track focuses on the development and evolution of a career or company. Topics include those inspired by leadership and engagement, personally, within companies, and within the lighting industry.
The 5-Day Mix & Match option allows attendees to select courses to fill all five days; early-bird pricing is $1,295. A 3-Day Conference Package is also available for the early-bird price of $595 and allows attendees to select courses and lunches to fill three days (Wed.-Fri.).
LightFair Conference programming offers a total of 39 sessions this year, with various course packages and pricing available:
- Three 2-day LFI Institute courses (Mon. and Tues.): $740 each.
- Two 1-day LFI Institute courses (Mon. or Tues.): $370 each.
- Three 3-hour LFI Institute workshops (Mon. and Tues.): $220 each.
- Thirteen 90-minute seminars (Wed.-Fri.): $85 each.
- Eighteen 60-minute sessions (Mon.-Fri.): $75 each.
(Prices above are early-bird pricing from June 7-August 6; standard pricing begins on August 7. Discounts are available for students all five days and for emerging professionals Wed.-Fri.; some exclusions apply.)
All LightFair courses offer CEU / Learning Units / Certification Maintenance Points for the American Institute of Architects (AIA), American Society of Interior Designers (ASID), American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA), Building Owners and Managers Association International (BOMA), Independent Institute for Property and Facility Management Education (BOMI), International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD), Interior Designers of Canada (IDC), Interior Design Continuing Education Council (IDCEC), International Interior Design Association (IIDA), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) or Illuminating Engineering Society (IES).
The full Conference schedule is available online. Registration for the LightFair 2021 Trade Show and Conference will open on June 7, 2021.