After its success last November, the editors at Furniture, Lighting & Decor will open the First Look at Last Look competition to residential interior designers once more. The winner of this competition will join last year's winner April Force Pardoe in having his or her work featured in the Last Look department of the January 2019 issue, which will be distributed not only to the magazine's 40,000 subscribers but also at all the major winter markets happening in January.
The Last Look department is the last thing readers see before they close the issue. In it, a designer displays his or her work and discusses three key points about the space. Previous designers featured in Last Look — Corey Damen Jenkins, Fauzia Khanani and most recently Jeanne Chung — have called attention to important furniture, client needs and design practices that helped shaped these beautiful interiors.
This year's competition will surely bring out the best. Keep reading for details on how to enter and how the winner will be chosen.
How to enter
Interested interior designers can post their submission on Furniture, Lighting & Decor’s Facebook event page, which will launch on November 1. Through consistent social media activity, we will encourage our followers and readers to visit the event and “like” their choice of the best of the best. You can also encourage your own followers to go and vote for their favorite submission.
All the likes, in combination with Furniture, Lighting & Decor’s editors’ likes, will determine the winner.
1. Upload a photo to our Facebook event. Please also have a high-resolution file with the following specifications available: 10x12”, 300 DPI. When uploading, please tell us briefly about the space (where it is, what type of home, how many square feet).
2. Share the event with your Facebook friends and tell them to vote!
3. If you win, be available to answer questions...
Voting will close on November 15, and we will announce the winner shortly thereafter.
Rules to remember
- Each designer may submit only one image to the group to be considered.
- No commercial projects will be considered.
- Designers must submit their photos themselves. They cannot be nominated.
For any questions, you may contact Managing Editor Alison Martin at email@example.com.
The designer whose photo wows the Facebook voters and Furniture, Lighting & Decor editors will have his or her photo displayed in the Last Look department of the January 2019 issue. He or she will have the opportunity to discuss his or her work and any interesting points about the space.
The January issue will go to the 40,000 subscribers, and it will be available in bins at all the major winter markets — Atlanta, Dallas and Las Vegas. This will give the designer a presence all over the country.
Best of luck to all!